Tuesday, October 21, 2008

We just like messing with his head...

Today just wasn't Joseph's day.  Let me explain...Joe gets a bath at least twice a week-Tuesday and Saturday.  Today is Tuesday.  So, this afternoon I got his bath ready and went to undress him.  He was wearing a cute striped onesie (9 month size! He's only 4 months! Yeesh!) with three snaps up the front.  Well, as it went over his head, the snaps scraped up his forehead and half way back on his head.  He was left with two bright red "streaks" that didn't look like they felt too good.  He got cuddled for a minute, but he didn't fuss, so all was fine.  

But not for long.  

I put him in the tub and was starting to get him wet when I realized I had forgotten to bring in a washcloth.  I asked Damon to bring me one. Now, when Joe doesn't get a shower, his little tub is placed in the big tub and I sit on the edge of it to bathe him.  (Are you visualizing this? :) ) When Damon brought in the washcloth, he leaned over the top door railing to drop it down on Joe....but instead, knocked the shampoo bottle over!  Somehow I caught it before it landed in the tub/on Joe.  We called it a close one (whew!) and were ready to continue the bath.  (But, I said it wasn't Joe's day, and close calls alone really don't qualify for making it a rough day. )  As Damon pulled his arm back to leave the bathroom, the long handled shower brush was knocked into the tub too!  This time I didn't catch it, and it ended up landing on Joe's forehead, right between the eyes!  So, not only did he have two bright red streaks going up the forehead, there was a big red spot for quite a while.  Of course, the poor little guy burst out screaming and crying.  We pulled him out of the tub, wrapped him up and cuddled him until he has feeling better, and then continued the bath.  He has been left with a small bump/red spot on the forehead, but he'll live through it!  He has been a bit fussier tonight, and I imagine his head doesn't feel too good, but no permanent damage done.  

In other news....

Damon's band, The 415 Band (the police code for 'Loud Party'), has been practicing regularly every Wednesday night.  Tonight was their first gig.  They played at The Derby in LA.  It was only for 1/2 an hour, from 8:00-8:30, but hopefully it went well!  (He's not home yet)  They were scheduled to play for a 5K walk this weekend, but the event coordinators didn't file for the permits early enough, so it looks like that might be canceled.  

BTW, why do Moby wraps cost $40?  Aren't they just a length of fabric?  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's it! I'm calling social services!

Braden and Jodee said...

YES, moby's are just material. I was stupid and bought one before I really knew what it was all about. If you're crafty (well you don't have to be too crafty for this one), you can check mine out and make your own. Super easy I'm sure. I'll let you check out my booklet on the different wraps if you want (or those might be online even).

Poor Joe! Good thing they don't have good memories yet, huh?!