Saturday, March 5, 2011

Take me out to the ball game...

For the past week, Joseph has been obsessing over baseball. He has even picked out the colors for his future team; the colors being yellow, blue and white. A few days ago I was driving home with the boys after picking them up from their grandma's house, I decided to show Joseph Blair Field. We noticed a team practicing on the field, which turned out to be Oregon, and I decided that Joe and I would go to a game. So this afternoon, Joseph and I headed off to Blair Field for our first father/son baseball game.

As soon as we arrived at the stadium, Joe and I each picked up new Long Beach Dirtbag hats.

Joseph admiring the "baseball park," as he calls it.

Our seats were in the general admission area. I was quite happy with the price. Students from CSULB gain free admission and children under 4 are also free. Shortly after we took our seats, we were approached by a nice lady who offered us the chance to take a free upgrade to front row box seats!

Joseph was quite happy with the new private box seats as he was able to wave to the players and watch them in the on-deck circle.

The view from the upgraded seats.

Joseph had a blast! He can't wait to go back to the "baseball park" and watch his new favorite team, the Dirtbags.

No comments: