
Sometimes you gotta do two things at once!

This is the center of Aunt Virginia's quilt
The little squares are a charm pack titled Cotton Blossoms that was created by an LDS lady and her mom. I got it off ebay for $2.25. I've been quilting for several years now and I didn't know charm packs, layer cakes, and jelly rolls existed!

The finished quilt

Aunt June's finished quilt. It is the first time I have made binding for the edges and I just don't like how it turned out. The corners weren't done right, and I didn't know how to fix it, so I think I'll stick to my usual way of bringing the backing to the front and sewing it down.

I asked my mom to embroider patches for the back of each quilt. They were supposed to say "All our love from California," but the machine was acting up and this is far as we got, so we went with it.

Off to the post office! We found out that both of the cancers the aunts have are very aggressive, so we got them done as quickly as we could once we found out. Several family members helped tie the green quilt after dinner on Thanksgiving. Then on friday we went over to Damon's mom's house and Damon, Sally, and I tied and worked on the blue quilt. I spent a few hours finishing them up today with the goal of getting to the post office by 3:00 when they closed. We were there at 2:30. But they're done! They should get them by Tuesday, and I hope they do bring them our love from California.
1 comment:
Beautiful quilts! I hope everything goes well for your Aunt's and their families.
Post a Comment