Saturday, July 18, 2009

Summer Time Fun

It has been a while since our last post, so here is an update of what has been going on.  Tiffany is preparing to start her last week of summer school, and she is very excited.  We have added two new weekly traditions, the first is the marina stadium farmer's market on Tuesday nights, and the second is the Long Beach Municipal Band concerts in the park on Thursday nights at marina stadium.  We love sitting under the trees and feeling the cool wind come off of the water.  It really makes you feel like it is summer time!
In other news, we have been planning on redecorating our apartment and today we decided to head down to IKEA.  I've never really been to IKEA to do any shopping, and I was really surprised by all of the cool stuff we saw!  Nearly $500 later and we came home with a new dresser, a toddler bed, and a couple of other odds and ends.  We weren't really planning on putting Joseph into a toddler bed yet, but we've received some news that his crib will have a new tenant next spring.  By that time, he should be ready for new changes, hopefully!

6 comments:

Siobhán said...

i had to reread that a few times to catch on. CONGRATS! babies are such a blessing!

so, what dresser and bed did you buy? ikea is a fun store! can't beat breakfast for $0.99 and i love their fun, little things to buy!

ashcraft8 said...

CONGRATS on your exciting news. I an so happy for you guys!!!!

Trena said...

Congrats!! That is exciting news. Hopefully this pregnancy will go just as great as the first one did! :)

Braden and Jodee said...

Congratulations you guys! Tiffany, how funny is it that I was going off at the softball game about how I don't have the personality to have kids 18 months - 2 years apart like I had wanted. You for sure do, and you're going to rock! Congrats again! Hope you're feeling okay, and everything.

Braden and Jodee said...

PS. I LOVE Ikea. We got a big kitchen table, TV bench, and glass door cabinet for like $400 this weekend too!

TaraS said...

Congrats. I read the post and then had to check with Sandra to make sure I read it right. Thought it would look really dumb to call you to clarify... Anyway, now that my mental capacity is maxed... Congrats again. Hope everything is going well!