Monday, February 15, 2010

More quilts

This is the quilt that took something like 7 years to finish. Brittany picked out the fabric years ago, most of the pieces were cut out, and some were sewn together. Then it was put away. Until this past Christmas when she decided that she wanted the quilt finished for her main gift. It was this quilt that made me hate triangles, so I wasn't looking forward to it. My mom and I worked on the quilt top and it was finished for christmas. I gave myself until valentine's day to get the back pieced, sandwiched, and quilted. It is very simply quilted in just one direction, and the binding didn't get put on in time because I fell asleep on Sunday afternoon! Now, it's up to my mom to get the binding on and given to Brittany.


The back had to be pieced together to make it big enough. I only got "fancy" with the strips because they were scraps from the front.
As Damon took these pictures Joe figured out that we DIDN't want him running across the quilts. So, of course, he took great delight in it and giggled the whole time. He needed to be tackled, tickled, and kissed!


This scrap quilt was made a while ago, but is still a quilt top. Sometimes I pull it out and just lay it out to admire it. I like the bright colors and the general mix of colors/patterns. All but two of the fabrics truly were scraps from other projects. When I finally figure out a purpose for it, I'll finish it!

2 comments:

The Whitney's said...

I wish they had "like" buttons on blogs, lol. This quilt is beautiful! I've been wanting to learn how to make one for a while now...

Mikybarb said...

What beautiful quilts! I think the scrap quilt is a great idea! I've been wanting to do one for awhile, but couldn't get in my head how I wanted it. I think what you did was great! Thanks for sharing the cute pics!