This is what the latest finished quilt looked like last March. I took pieces of scrap fabric and started randomly piecing it together and adding white borders. I had seen another quilt online that was something like this that used all different shades of green with white borders and decided to make my own variation of it. I took the picture below because I knew I would never be able to put it back this way when it came time to sew all the pieces together. Brilliant idea, right? Unless you can't find said picture when the time comes. So, the final product does look a bit different!
By May the quilt top was pieced and was in the quilting frame and being hand quilted. I made it nice and easy and just sewed a border around each colored rectangle.This March, the quilt is finished! I am a very inconsistent hand quilter and it takes me a while to finish these type of projects. The binding went on very easy this time around as I machine sewed the first side on, and then hand sewed the back side on.
1 comment:
Wow, Tiffany! It's really pretty! Way to go! I got a sewing machine for Christmas and get free lessons, but I haven't started them yet. Kinda waiting til we move out of the parents to get it set up...but I can't wait to post my own creations on my blog!
Post a Comment