Monday, March 15, 2010

The "latest" wallet

Last spring, in February, I used one of Damon's old mission ties to create the wallet you see below. It was the first one and I made my own pattern based off of pictures online. I didn't use any interfacing, which proved to be it's downfall. by Halloween, the wallet was falling apart, with holes and wear spots bigger than quarters in it. So, I tried again. This time I didn't use an old tie, used heavier fabric, and used interfacing.


These shots were taken after about three months of use, and it's still holding up quite nicely.



2 comments:

Marly C said...

Cool! I like that idea. Isn't your baby due soon?

DTBrodowski said...

I just made Damon a new wallet again. It is his third wallet in the same design and red plaid fabric. They seem to last about 2 1/2 years each. Well, they're falling apart at 2.5 years, but that's how often I've made him one.