Monday, July 14, 2008

Sometimes you need to sacrifice...

For the past few months I've been looking at guitars, and thinking that I would like to start playing again. I first started learning to play guitar on my mission, and continued playing after I returned home. Then I decided to start playing bass, and then I never looked back, until now. My friend Michael informed me a couple of weeks ago that he and our friends Scott and George were starting a band, and that he would be playing the bass, but did not have one. I quickly replied that I had an extra bass (I actually had 4 extra basses at the time), and I would make him a really good deal on one of them. So this past weekend I sold him my OLP Ernie Ball Music Man replica (an inexpensive bass which is based on a $1200 bass), and a hard case to go with it. I won't disclose the price, but he got the best deal he would ever find. With the money I made, I found a guitar (which just happens to match one of my basses) and I purchased it. The pictures are below.
The OLP which I sold to Michael.
My brand new Squier Affinity Telecaster. It is based on the Fender '51 Telecaster, but cost about $1000 less.
The headstock of the Telecaster.
The Telecaster next to my '51 Fender Precision Bass. The color on the Telecaster is a little bit darker than the Bass, but they still look great next to each other.

So, I had to sacrifice one of my basses in order to get my new guitar, but I feel that it was totally worth it. The bass had been sitting in a case in the closet for over a year, and I know that Michael will show it the love and attention it deserves.

No comments: