Thursday, July 17, 2008

Who Knew?

Some solutions to problems are so very simple. Until the last few nights, Joseph wasn't on any type of sleep schedule at night. He would wake up anywhere from every 5 hours to every 45 minutes. Getting up all the time was very tiring and we'd (Ok, mostly I would) often fall asleep with him on my chest after feeding him on the couch. I'd then wake up an hour or so later, put him in bed, and go back to bed myself, just to do it again in another hour or so.

That was until about 3 nights ago. Then, we figured out the solution. Put him in pajamas!

When Joseph would fall asleep at night, we'd just put him in bed in whatever he wore that day. We figured it was easier than potentially waking him up to change him. He has always kicked off his blankets, even when swaddled, and wanted his hands free. We kinda figured he must not be cold if he was kicking them off. Since starting to put him in pajamas every night and him being warmer, he has gotten himself on a nice routine. He now goes to sleep between 10 and 10:30, gets up at 2am, almost on the dot, and at 5 am. Whereas before we'd be up between 1 to 1 1/2 hours each time, now he's down to 30 minutes each feeding/changing. I guess the extra warmth really does make a difference! Thank you Joseph! I'm sleeping much better now!

No comments: