Thursday, January 1, 2009

Homemade christmas

This year I decided to make gifts for my family instead of buying junk.  They were all well received, for a change.

My sister Brittany asked for a homemade stocking, and I made her this one with the artistic placement help of Damon.  
In Brittany's stocking she got this knitting needle holder, another thing she asked for.  I got the directions from a free online tutorial.  

These tutus were made for my 2 1/2 year old niece.  I originally bought the pink and turquoise tulle yardage at Joann's.  Then I was at Fabric Barn and they had the tulle in 6" wide spools for waaaayyy cheaper, so I bought some more and made her two tutus.  She loved them.

For Vicki I took her wedding photos and "did something" with them.  She said she would have been happy if they were just gone through and the good ones picked out and put in an album.  But when I went to the store to pick one up, I was very unimpressed with the quality of them.  So I bought a scrapbook instead and went that route.  Definitely took longer and more effort, but she seemed happy with it.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I love them both!
-Britt