Monday, February 16, 2009

A Bit More Craftiness


Damon heard about making wallets from ties from some guys at church.  He pulled out this tie that he got on his mission and asked me what I could do.  I turned to the internet and found some pictures.  The result is definitely an experiment and have a few improvements for next time, but it is usable!  There is just enough fabric left to make another wallet, but with only one pocket on each side, not two.  We have a picture of him wearing the tie on his mission and will post that later.

The purse pictures are in opposite order than intended.  I made the purse for my sister for her birthday.  In July.  In five months.  I'm feeling crafty now and might not be in five months when it actually comes time to make it.  It is a Heather Bailey pattern.  It is reversible with the blue fabric above mainly being the lining.  The flower is detachable and still needs a button in the very center.  


What would a post be without a picture of Joseph? Totally not posed, just a quick photo, but a great expression!
Last Sunday Joe wouldn't stay asleep in his crib.  I brought him out and set him next to me while I was on the laptop.  He fell asleep sitting up, and slept soundly for the next two hours!  He tried rolling over as he often does in his sleep, and found it didn't work very well.  He ended up laying his head on my stomach and listening to it grumble .  :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your tie wallets. I don't often carry a purse because I have to carry my laptop case all the time. Like most business cases, though, its pockets (which I use as a purse substitute) only allow for flat objects. I've been using a flat makeup bag in lieu of a wallet, but would certainly prefer something with pockets or slots. You've given me an idea -- I think I'll try to recycle one of my dad's old silk ties.

And your little boy is cute!

jeans said...

Thought I'd stop by and say hi since you have a link to our blog and I had to compliment you, adorable crafts (the tie wallet is a riot) and cute family. Take care.