Thankfully they didn't have to do either. While someone did very kindly offered to drive us home with Jonathan in their big forward facing toddler seat, someone else drove me home really quickly to get Damon's keys while someone at the church held Jonathan. That after about 13/31 candles that were signed up by people to make actually showed up. Most of the people who signed up for my notebooks showed up. I just have a couple left, and I was able to sell off a few others. All this after I reserved the building for tonight just to have the other ward tell us they always have this night-even though they never ever reserve the building! Grrr...how am I supposed to know when they have events there if they don't put them on the calendar!! It all worked out!
Thursday, September 16, 2010
locked out
I locked the keys in the car tonight at enrichment night. Thankfully, the baby wasn't in the car at the time. He was inside being held by someone else while I brought in materials for 'emergency info notebook' class. Then I realized that I couldn't call Damon and ask him to come help me out. The car seats were in the car with me, so they couldn't just drive down. The stroller was with me, so they couldn't stroll down. Joe's shoes were in the diaper bag, so they couldn't both walk down. That left Joe to walk barefoot (3/4 of a mile to the church, and then back again-not gonna happen) or Damon to put him on his shoulders and carry him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh that is one of my biggest frustration with the church system! No one follows the rules, and each ward does things differently. It should all be done the same, for everyone, no ifs ands or buts about it!
Glad you got back in your car okay!
No. No. No. What ward are you in? I so would have thrown out some serious attitude. "I don't know why you are at the bldg. My name is down for the reservation, so I GET IT!!" Call the Stake President or Bishop...I'll stand here while you do...better yet, I'll call them for you!
The other problem was that they were already set up when we got there, but they were to start after us, so there wasn't anyone there to complain to until later. :( The RS presidency knows all about it, so I think she'll talk to the bishop about it. We're in 10th.
Post a Comment