I saw a free pattern for Spring Chickens over at Sew, Mama, Sew! and decided to make some. I knew that if I made one at a time, I'd only get one made. So these were mostly assembly line made. All the fabrics are from scraps, and going through all the fabric made me realize how many "scraps" I have! Damon helped me pick out the fabrics and stuff parts of the birds. The pattern specifically said to "embrace the wonkiness," so we tried! All but one of the birds have been given to their new owners, and I hope they like them.

This bird is for my cousins baby that is due soon. The wings were cut from left over quilt squares of a quilt I made about five years ago. The beak and feet are from the same quilt scraps. The body is from a fat quarter swap. These wings were stuffed A LOT more than the others. Definitely gave it a different look. I think I like a medium stuff.


This is Joseph's bird. It has already been broken in with a bit of drool and a few bites.

This bird is for my mother-in-law. It and Joseph's were made from the quilt scraps from her sisters' quilt.


This bird was the first to be finished. I discovered afterwards that the eyes look better a bit closer together, but it was too late. It was given as a first birthday gift to a co-workers little girl last Saturday. It's very spring-y and girl-y.
No comments:
Post a Comment