Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring Sewing

This is a flannel quilt top that was made up a few weeks ago.  It isn't for anyone specifically so there isn't any hurry to get it finished.  I just wanted to use up some of the flannel I've gotten over the last two years at the after Thanksgiving sales.  I've also never sewn with ric-rac before this project, and wanted to try it out.  It's a little tricky getting it even all the way around, but with practice I will get better.  

I told my mom I would sew her new curtains for her new kitchen and bought two pieces of potential curtain fabric.  This is the piece she didn't choose.  I thought I'd try out a new pattern and possibly give it to my aunt who is stopping to visit on their way home from vacation, but it is much smaller than I expected.  I (mostly) really like the way it turned out, but it is only about 10x7.  The only bit I don't like, apart from the size, it the magnet clasp I used.  I added the little tab that closes the purse, instead of the clasp being on the inside.  However, it's a little too big and the magnet is quite strong.  I think I'll just use a button and fabric loop next time. 

3 comments:

Tami said...

Tiffany, You are one creative lady! I love all of your projects.

ashcraft8 said...

The comment above was left by me. My sis. Tami was using my computer and didn't sign out before I started my browsing.

TaraS said...

I just may have to make a custom order!! Love your bags!